1761 Jamestown Road Williamsburg VA 23185
S THE ANGLICAN CATHOLIC CHURCH?
The Anglican Catholic Church traces its heritage through the Church of England and the Oxford Movement back to the undivided English Church. We are unwilling to accept the modern belief that the Christian faith can be amended to fit a contemporary social agenda. The membership of the A.C.C. now includes people from a broad spectrum of Church backgrounds, and is found worldwide. We are:
Anglican, because we use the Book of Common Prayer (1928) and follow the path taken by the Church of England in the 16th century.
Catholic, because we adhere to the faith accepted by all Christians before the Church separated into Eastern and Western branches. We confess the truth of the Faith as established by the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds.
Church, because we are a community that finds comfort and nourishment in coming together to worship God according to the traditional English liturgy.
● The Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the Word of God.
● The Creeds (as the standard of Faith) mean exactly what they say.
● Christian Morality of the New Testament is the sole guide for the Church.
● The Sacraments convey grace; and through them Christ is known, and is present.
● The Apostolic Ministry of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons was instituted by Christ and it is male in character.
● We do not compromise on matters of Faith and Order, Doctrine, Discipline, or Morality.
*An unchanging faith in a changing world *